Have you always fancied trying stand up comedy? Now’s your chance. This course will teach you the methods and techniques to craft your set, get up on stage and make an impact. The course is taught in a relaxed and encouraging atmosphere.
Each week we concentrate on a different aspect of comedy and then perform a small piece of material integrating the delivery and stage techniques that we’ve learnt. Everyone gets to perform and everyone receives feedback (and usually laughter,) in return.
There are plenty of writing exercises which often result with the class in stitches and frequently end up as material. There’s a real team dynamic in all classes with the shared goal of the graduation gig at the end. The graduation is open to all students and not just the selected few, which is unique to Brighton Comedy Course.
There’s weekly homework tasks, resulting in a tidy stock pile of material. Our Facebook page Brighton Comedy Course has interviews and reviews from previous students. Please have a look. The most repeated feedback is “I wish I hadn’t put it off so long and just took the plunge.”
The Beginners Comedy Courses runs twice a year. The course is limited to 15 to ensure individual feedback for each student.
The course delivers a step by step process to becoming a stand up comedian. A practical course designed to provide the tools and know-how for you to tap into your own comedy genius. Learn how to write and structure your own material and deliver it with confidence. Tap into positive body language and stage techniques which will enhance all future public speaking experiences.
The first half of the class is theory based and the second half is dedicated to performance and feedback. There is advice on how to market yourself and a list of contacts to secure future gigs should you choose to work on the comedy circuit. At the end of the course you will have the opportunity to entertain a friendly audience in our showcase performance. Unlike other comedy courses, this opportunity is opened to all students.
Please note that a condition of being on the course is doing the homework which I hope you will enjoy. You will receive a confirmation email with start details within 48 hours.
All courses are booked on a first come first served basis with a maximum of 15 places.
- Book your place on: The Beginners Comedy Course
- Date:Tuesday 5th May 2020
- Time: 7-9pm (8 Tuesdays)
- 2 Additional dates Included- Comedy night out, and the the Graduation night. Dates to be arranged.
- Cost: £300/£280
- Location: The Southern Belle Pub, 3 Waterloo St, Hove BN3 1AQ
- Note – Course places for the dates below are still available. When places are sold out, the page will be updated to reflect that.
- October 6th
Note – You can pay by internet banking or Paypal. Just drop me a message for BACS details. If your using PayPal- it will book for the first date advertised. If you are booking for later date, send a message and an email confirming your chosen date will be sent.
Brighton Comedy Course refund Policy Please note £50.00 of your course fee is a non-refundable deposit to cover admin costs. 30 days before course start date – Full course fee refund (minus non-refundable £50); Within 15-30 days of course start date – 50% course fee refund (minus non-refundable £50); Within 14 days of course start date – no refund. Places on this course are non-transferable and cannot be transferred to another course. If you book a place on this stand-up comedy course you are agreeing to this refund policy.
- Payment Instalments – It’s possible to pay in two instalments through BACS (half and half.) Full fee needs to be paid before the course start date. Early bird deals not included. Contact us to arrange. Instalments non refundable though course date transfer possible if there’s availability on desired course date.
- “This course was everything I needed to get the knowledge and confidence to do stand up comedy. Louise is a great teacher she gets you performing straight away. Highly recommend to anyone that fancies themselves at stand up comedy. The graduation gig at the end is fantastic. Pretty much guaranteed to get everyone laughing.” Harvey Dann, November 2016
- John Greene performing his first ever stand up gig in March 2018 after the 8 week course.